Sunday, March 2, 2008

Unfaithful


So I started watching this movie years ago and I didn't get very far because I didn't really like the idea of glorifying infidelity. Especially because it seems like Connie (Diane Lane) and Edward's (Richard Gere) marriage seemed to be better than fine. I guess once you give it a chance you realize that isn't the point of the movie. Most movies that deal with an affair usually justify it because the marriage isn't good for one reason or another. I think the point of this movie is more about consequences and choices. Connie gets caught up in the excitement of her affair probably because of the excitement after years of being married and being a mother. One interesting thing was how many hints Edward needed before he checked up on his wife. He received so many signs that something wasn't right before he checked into it. And I am not going to give the movie away but then Edward makes a decision that really can't be judged unless you are in the position but definitely has an impact on his family. You can't really blame him though because it all stems from Connie's initial decision.

No comments: