Saturday, March 8, 2008

No Reservations


I have been wanting to watch this movie for awhile. This movie reminded me a lot of 'Raising Helen' and not to mention I am pretty sure the girl in this movie is the same girl that plays the youngest sibling in 'Raising Helen'. Being very into good food myself, I thought the gourmet chef aspect of the film was very cool. And I definitely subscribe to the same theory about enjoying good food. A good lesson (or whatever you call it) from this movie is how selfless you become when you have to take care of someone else. At the beginning of the movie, Kate (Catherine Zeta-Jones) was pretty preoccupied with herself and her life. You also get the impression that she really doesn't do anything outside of being a chef for this restaurant and go to therapy. And the therapy is her boss's idea. Gradually, you notice that her therapy sessions start to stray from herself and towards her niece. There was actually a part of the movie that made me tear up which is not usual for me. I think overall this movie was pretty cute. This movie also reminds me a lot of 'About a Boy' with Hugh Grant. Kate has to learn that "No man is an island." She just realizes how much more fulfilling life is when you let people in and you care about more than yourself.

No comments: